Hey everybody, we’re excited to announce that Moon governance is back via Snapshot! Snapshot is an off chain governance platform that will allow the community to continue to use Moons as a governance token for decisions pertaining to Moons and r/CryptoCurrency. For more info check out their documentation. A few points to highlight:
- All Moon holders will be able to use their full token balances to vote
- You will need to have joined the space prior to poll creation in order to vote, otherwise you will not be included in the snapshot. To join the space connect your wallet and click the blue “join” button and sign the propagated message
- Voting is gasless as users will sign verifiable messages to vote
- Initial quorum will be 5,000,000 Moons, but is subject to change
- To avoid manipulation a snapshot of all balances is taken at the time of poll creation, so if you’d like to vote using a specific wallet your Moons will need to be in that wallet when the poll is created
- Governance proposals will still be discussed and proposed in r/CryptoCurrencyMeta before going to a formal vote
There are three discussions currently ongoing in r/CryptoCurrencyMeta that will lead to formal governance polls on snapshot, please be sure to review these before voting!