Hey there r/CryptoCurrency!
It's the Nym team, excited to connect with you all! Let us introduce ourselves:
harrynym – Harry Halpin, CEO
rachyandco – Alexis Roussel, COO
We're here to answer your questions and discuss everything about Nym for 2 hours on 28th June, starting at 12:00 pm CET. As a token of appreciation for your participation, we're giving away $2,000 in NYM tokens to the 50 best questions!
Nym is dedicated to building a safer internet through privacy. Our mission is to empower individuals and organizations with innovative solutions that protect online privacy and advance decentralization.
So, go ahead and ask us anything! Let's dive into the world of privacy and the future of Nym together. Join the conversation and get a chance to win NYM tokens!
PS: To enter the giveaway, fill in this Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdIBrqQI2Z2cbEeMxCyrIGtlathrwz-6x08VjZ0KWTjjSzwMA/viewform?usp=sf_link You’ll need a Nym Wallet address!
Disclaimer: All winners must complete KYC to earn rewards; void where prohibited including USA.
Nym, a leading Privacy & Web3 project. Nym is backed by major VCs including a16zcrypto, Binance labs and Digital Currency Group, as well as major validators including Polychain, Figment, Lemniscap and Greenfield One. We are excited to host an AMA session! We're giving away $2,000 in NYM tokens to the best 50 questions, so ask us anything!
At Nym, we're on a mission to build a safer internet based on privacy. Our open-source, decentralized platform safeguards privacy at the network level, protecting against traffic pattern analysis and metadata surveillance.
The Nym team is formed of world-leading experts on mixnets and anonymous communications. Harry Halpin, the CEO and co-founder of Nym Technologies was a Senior Research Scientist at MIT, where he led the standardization of the Web Cryptography API across all browsers at W3C working closely with Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the world wide web. Privacy is our top priority. With Nym, your internet traffic is encrypted and relayed through our mixnet, where mixnodes blend your traffic with others, ensuring private communications and hiding metadata like IP addresses. We're committed to bringing enhanced privacy, security, and decentralization to the Web3 space.
Experience the power of privacy with NYM Connect and the NYM Wallet. Empower yourself and your organization to protect online privacy and take back control over your data.
The Nym platform knits together several privacy technologies, integrating them into a system of At the heart of the Nym network is the NYM token. The NYM token decentralizes the system via proof-of-stake; it can enable the functioning of the system via distributing rewards in exchange for provisioning privacy-enhanced communication. Tokenization provides the foundation for an alternative to the surveillance-based economic models that dominate today’s internet. More info here.
Over the past year, we have achieved significant milestones at NYM. Here are some highlights:
- Record-breaking registrations of over 1 million for the Nym token sale on Coinlist.
- A successful launch event in Paris featuring Edward Snowden and new Paris office opening event with Chelsea Manning
- The introduction of the Nym wallet and explorer, allowing for mixnet staking and delegating.
- A thriving community of mix node operators across five continents, making the mixnet truly global.
- An ecosystem with functional tokenomics, staking activity, liquidity, custody, and initial apps developed by our team and dev community.
- The establishment of the Nym Innovation Fund and Shipyard Developer Grants scheme.
- The launch of NymConnect, enabling privacy enhancements for apps and wallets like Telegram, Electrum, Keybase, and Blockstream Green, while stress testing the mixnet.
- The release of Nym clients and Nym SDK, making mixnet technology accessible to ordinary browsers.
- Advancements in research and development, including the development of Coconut credentials and anonymous credentials for e-cash and privacy-preserving KYC.
- Co-founding the Universal Privacy Alliance alongside major privacy tech projects.
- The Nym mixnet has been integrated with the Monero network. This allows Monero users to easily use NymConnect to run Monero over the mixnet, thereby enhancing the privacy of Monero transactions.
How to Contribute to the Nym Ecosystem:
Individuals can actively participate in the NYM ecosystem and contribute to its growth in several ways:
- First of all you can create a Nym wallet and you can download Nym Connect to experience yourself how the Nym ecosystem looks like.
- On top of that we recently launched our Nymja Ambassador program Our Nymja ambassadors will be the voice that advocates for privacy, decentralization, and a promising future, and will help us expand our communities while earning rewards. You can apply to the program here
- If you are a developer our aim is to make it as easy as possible to build on Nym or connect their existing applications to the Nym infrastructure for built-in privacy enhanced features.If you are looking to ways to integrate your systems to Nym, check here
By participating in these activities, individuals play an essential role in building a thriving NYM ecosystem, fostering privacy, and driving adoption of privacy-enhanced internet communication.
Join Nym Community Twitter // Discord // Telegram // Element